Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The difference

I was at a large retailer the other day and was grinding my coffee at the coffee grinder. Once I was done grinding the coffee I needed to seal the bag back up. The retailer provided a roll of clear packaging tape and scissors to accomodate this procedure. Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to find that spot where the tape roll begins on one of those rolls of clear packing tape? Well after fumbling with it for a bit I finally found it, stretched out a piece of tape long enough to tape the bag shut, cut it off, sealed up the bag, and then took two seconds to fold over the tape so that the next person wouldn't have to fumble with the tape as I had done. Did that make a difference with the next person?

I then was in the parking lot pulling out when I noticed a woman push her cart in to an empty parking space just two spaces away from where her car was parked. Have you ever had the experience of seeing an open parking space, went to pull in just to find out that someone had left a shopping cart in that space and you're left with the choice of getting out and moving the cart or finding another space? I also noticed that to the other side of her car just five spaces away was the area specifically designed for the shopping carts to be put in to. Did this make a difference with the next person?

So how does someone make a difference? Consider that you are always making a difference, the question is what is the difference you're making? Until next time...

Live FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment