Monday, August 23, 2010

Change and Rescue

"Most people hate change so much that they're willing to lose. We hated losing so much that we were willing to change."

Change. It seems to me that most people get to a point in their life that they resist change so much that they end up losing in big ways rather than simply changing. What is this all about?

I was at a seminar not too long ago, and the people who were talking made what I would consider some profound observations, one of which is noted above. The second thing that I found to be quite profound I will share with you at the end. Before I do let's consider a few things.

How often do we sit around and wait for the solution, or someone simply hands us the solution and we don't even put it in to play? We get more caught up in figuring out why it won't work than just simply giving it a shot. It seems to me that at some point you've got to swim your drowning butt over to the lifesaver that was thrown your way, but most people are too busy complaining that it wasn't thrown close enough to them. I don't care if you need to lose weight, get a job, make your first million dollars...if you want things to change then you've got to change! I don't mean to come down on anyone, I believe people have tremendous potential and that you can accomplish all kinds of amazing things. After all the same human genious that figured out how to get a man to the moon and back resides in all of us, but the truth is that the you that is going to have your dreams come true probably isn't the you that's currently reading this. If it was, you'd already have it accomplished. Somehow you've got to unleash this locked-up potential! I think one of the worst compliments some one could give you is, "You have tremendous potential." It means they see something bigger in you and you haven't lived up to it. So, I've got to tell you, "You have tremendous potential!"

So what was this profound thing? Here it is, and seriously consider: "Are you willing to participate in your own rescue?"

Until next time...

Live FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment